Finding the best skincare routine for hormonal acne
Hormones are one of the most important things to consider when it comes to skincare, especially as you age. Skincare for hormonal acne and best skincare for hormonal ageing skin can produce two very different results. The same goes for skincare for hormonal breakouts.
While some women may see changes in their skin as they age, others may not. But that doesn't mean you can't take steps to help your skin look its best throughout all stages of your life. All it takes is a little commitment to find the right solution for your skin. That search starts here.
Vela Days is here to help you understand the intertwined relationship between hormones, skin, and ageing. We also offer the best in skincare for hormonal acne. Find out more about how we can help to treat acne using our amazing hemp-based skincare products.
When it comes to hormones, skincare, and ageing, there are 4 key things to consider:
- Hormones can affect the appearance of your skin as you age.
- Skincare for hormonal acne and skincare for hormonal ageing skin isn't mutually exclusive.
- There are a few things you can do to help your skin look its best as you age, regardless of hormones.
- If you're concerned about the appearance of your skin as you age, you need to find the right skincare routine.
1. How hormones affect the appearance of skin as you age
Hormones play a big role in how your skin looks as you age. They can affect things like oil production, collagen production, and even the way your cells renew themselves.
For example, when you're going through puberty, your body naturally produces more testosterone. This can cause an increase in oil production, which can lead to things like acne and hormonal breakouts.
As you get older, your hormone levels change. This can lead to a slowdown in collagen production, which can make your skin look less firm and more wrinkled. It can also lead to a decrease in the amount of natural oil your skin produces, which can cause your skin to become dry and cracked.
Hormones can also affect the way your cells renew themselves. This means that you may start to see more sun damage and age spots as you get older.
2. Skincare for hormonal acne and skincare for hormonal ageing skin
Hormones do not directly correlate to age. Some women report having clear skin during the years of puberty, while others report having breakouts during menopause.
But ironically, the opposite can also be true! Just because you're dealing with hormonal acne doesn't mean you can't also use skincare specifically designed for ageing skin. In fact, many women find that using the right skincare for hormonal acne can also help with wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of ageing.
The key to finding the right skincare for you is to identify your skin type and then find a routine that matches your needs. If you have oily skin, for example, you'll want to find a skincare routine that helps control oil production. If you have dry skin, you'll want to find a skincare routine that helps hydrate and nourish your skin.
3. How to help your skin look its best as you age
Helping your skin look its best as it ages (regardless of the effect of hormones) is a challenge faced by women all over the world.
Here are our top tips on how to help your skin look its best as it ages:
- Use gentle skincare products. Harsh chemical peels and similar treatments can contribute to breakouts brought on by hormonal changes as you age. Best stick to a gentle skincare routine for best results.
- Avoid harsh ingredients. Similarly, harsh, unnatural ingredients can have an adverse effect on ageing skin. Try to find skincare routines that use clinically proven, natural ingredients.
- Moisturise regularly. Many ageing and hormonal skin issues can be exacerbated by having dry skin. Use moisturiser regularly, and reap the benefits of having supple skin as you age.
- Protect your skin from the sun. The sun is one of the key stressors that contribute to the signs of ageing skin. Always incorporate moisturising sunscreen into your daily routine.
4. Finding the right skincare routine
Finding the best skincare for hormonal ageing skin is not as difficult as you think. By following these simple tips, you can help your skin look its best.
- Identify your skin type. Oily skin types need a skincare routine for hormonal ageing skin that removes oil, while drier skin types require more nourishing.
- Clinically proven ingredients. Avoid skincare that contains harsh chemicals and irritating ingredients.
- Use a moisturiser. Keeping your skin nourished is one of the best ways to keep it looking young and healthy.
The above tips also apply for finding the best skincare for hormonal breakouts. If the products are right, they can treat all issues in tandem.
Skincare for hormonal acne from Vela Days
Vela Days is in the business of treating hormonal acne, hormonal breakouts, and other hormone-based skincare concerns. Using our highly concentrated, 3-step treatment, you can quickly and effectively treat hormonal skin concerns every single day.
- Our Lipid Complex cleanses and moisturises the skin using vitamins A, B, D and E, plus Omega 6 and 9.
- The Active Compound serum brightens the skin and boost collagen to make its appearance tighter and more youthful.
- Finally, our Oil Infusion Serum nourishes the skin with dozens of botanic oils, fully addressing hormonal and ageing concerns, including acne and fine lines.
All 3 of these products will allow you to attain more youthful and radiant skin, regardless of hormonal changes, or how old you are.
If you have any questions or concerns about finding skincare for hormonal acne, get in touch with Vela Days. Our customer service team will gladly answer any and all questions you might have.